In which I ramble quite a bit about food

I was going to be like everyone else and tell some kind of interesting, funny Easter story, but then I remembered that I'm Jewish. I have no Easter stories. I do, however, have Chanukah stories and Passover stories and Shabbat stories.

Unfortunately I can't think of one at the moment. All that's running through my head is food: gross matzah-based baked goods, latkes, braided hallah (I do love hallah), my mom's attempt to make matzah stuffing. For Pesach this past weekend, my grandma made for tupperwares of Passover cookies, which my little cousins eat because Grandma is a bit scary. Mendel bread is a bit like those dry crunchy cookies that you dip in your tea - scones? I can't remember the name... And she also made butter cookies using margerine, because apparently you can't have butter and meat at the same meal because you can't "bathe a lamb in its mother's milk." (That's news to me. I really only know the no meat and dairy rule, and of course no pigs. No pigs ever. And no shellfish.)

In any case, Passover tends to be a holiday where I skip dessert. Sorry I'm a bit rambly tonight, I haven't yet had a chance to catch up on my sleep. :\

Happy Easter to y'all, and happy Pesach!

To match my rambly mood, here's a picture of a very blurry, very creepy, very dead animal that I saw at the science museum. About an hour after a took this picture, and several other pictures, I realized the flash on my camera was off. Hence the blurriness.

0 quirky quips: