Wal-Mart and Questions

Today I have a short anecdote for you about Wal-Mart and then a bunch of BEDA buddy questions because I've been ignoring those lately. (Even if you're not my BEDA buddy, you can answer. I don't mind, really.)

WALL-TO-WALL-MART-OF-CRAZY

I've only been to Wal-Mart twice in my life. The first time was with my grandparents, who one year decided that instead of buying my sister and I Chanukah presents, they would just take us to Wal-Mart. It was no consolation, let me assure you. Even though I was only 9 or so at the time, I was really really conscious of how much things cost and wouldn't ask for anything too expensive, so I ended up with a rolling backpack.* (It broke a couple months later.) My sister came home with massive amounts of Polly Pockets, and I seem to recall and Shrinky Dink Oven. All I really remember of that trip was the McDonalds in the store. I thought that was amazing.

My second trip to Wal-Mart occurred last year. The new Eagles cd came out, and they only had it at Wal-Mart, so of course my mom decided it was worth the risk. She generally avoids Wal-Mart at all costs - she says it's because the isles are so small that they make her claustrophobic. We pretty much ran in, speed-walked in circles until we found the cd, then ran out. (We did stop to pay for it, of course.) Basically the entire trip was two minutes long, but it was enough for me to see the kind of people who shop at Wal-Mart.** And I recall dollar bins. Lots of them.

BEDA BUDDIES, SORRY IF YOU FEEL IGNORED

1. How do you suggest studying for the AP World History exam, which is in 14 days? Or, if you are studying, how are you doing it?
2. Would you please tell me a crazy story? Something that happened to you in Wal-Mart, maybe?
3. What are your favorite kind of sunglasses?
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
5. What's your favorite color of highlighter?
6. What is your opinion on papier mache things?
7. What's your favorite t-shirt have on it?
8. Name 3 songs I have to listen to. Now. (Or on May 15th after the AP.)
9. What spell would you like to use on Britney Spears?
10. What is your favorite thing to put on your head?

Ahhh, gotta run.
Shower. Study. Bed. Possibly study in bed.

- Tash

* These were quite in style in elementary school. Everyone who was anyone on the playground had one. And then they all tripped over each others' at recess.

3 quirky quips:

Missy | April 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

There is a **! What does this ** mean?!

Natasha | April 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM

** Please don't take offense if you shop at Wal-Mart. I'm not talking about you.

I think...

Natasha | April 30, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Missy! Where can I find your blogs?