What High School's Done to My Weekends

Eighty-nine percent of me loves the weekends. Weekends are great, right? No school, sleeping in, time to take more than 5 minutes to eat breakfast. On the weekend I can wear my pajamas all day and disregard the appearance of my hair and stare at the wall for hours if I want to. But then I remember that actually, I can't.

Here's where dreading the weekend comes in. I am a high school student. Therefore, I procrastinate, leaving my homework until the last possible second, at which point I am hyperventalating about finishing it and failing the test and my grade slipping and omygosh omygosh. This weekend I have an entire history chapter to outline (and read), a gigantic worksheet* for history as well as some thoughtful analysis comparing the Holocaust to another genocide,** about 15 math problems, and various chem assignments.***

On top of this I've committed myself to Chuck, 90210, Greek, a Masterpiece Theater of Little Dorrit that I think may possibly be 6 hours long, and The Au Pair 3: Adventure in Paradise.**** I did manage to catch up on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles with my mom this evening, but my DVR is still threatening to delete things.

I bet you're really interested in how many weeks behind I am on PotterCast. That, my friends, would be 7. And of course there's BEDA, which, thanks to the Ning, takes up more time than just ten minutes a day that it takes me to write a post.*****

And then, there are, of course, these guys. I find myself sitting in front of my computer late at night watching them.

But before I get to do any of that I have to get up at 7 tomorrow morning to go volunteer at the food bank. Then I'll come home and spend the rest of the day attempting to do homework but getting distracted every 10 minutes instead, which is going to suck on Sunday, since I'm going to a college fair that's probably going to be half of the day.


I love you, high school. Just look at what you've done to my desk.

* My teacher is a fan of legal-size sheets of paper.
** This one requires outside research. But we get to use Wikipedia!
*** A formal lab that requires about 8 pages of typing and makes me want to hit my head on the keyboard repeatedly due Tuesday, and companion questions for another lab due Wednesday, as well as two worksheets due the same day.
**** I also watch Heroes live on Monday and Kings on Saturday, but since I don't have to watch those later they don't count.
***** Not that this is a bad thing at all. :]

0 quirky quips: