Quite a few words on my insanity

Last night I was brimming with ideas for future blog posts, so I typed them up really quick and saved them to my desk top. Just now I sat down to write today's post and opened up my list so I could choose something from it. Only then did I realize that what sounds good in my head doesn't usually translate too well too blogish,* because instead of the insightful, expandable list of topics I was hoping to discover in my document, I found this:

- tv > why I watch so much > why I am insane > why tv is rotting my brain
- oh shoot I wanted to blog about The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan and I forgot.
- what is up with this font?
- BEDA buddies sound interesting
- my AP world review book is frickin' huge.
- why I suck at list-writing
- Harry Potter > why British people are cool
- our desire to recreate abbey road > why we have failed time and time again to recreate abbey road**
- NaNoWriMo! Why don't I have any ideas? Why, whenever I come up with something, am I doing an activity that prevents me from accessing a pen?***
- LOTR > Why am I not a LOTR fanatic?
- Twilight > I shall not blog about Twilight. Forget I wrote that.
- how I seem to spend all day thinking up things to blog about in my head but then not writing them down and therefore forgetting them
- why does "therefore" have an e on the end?
- bedododododobedooooodoooodooo!****
[ did I put too many o's on that? ]
- emoticons limit my face-making on the internet
- how come no one i know IRL is doing BEDA?
- my recent use of random hotel shampoos.



As I noted in my list, I suck at list-writing. I also apparently suck at stringing together anything that makes sense. I didn't write this list while attempting to watch tv, eat, or do anything else that might have distracted me. It wasn't even late at night. And yet, I still manage to create a list of pointless thoughts that probably only make sense inside my head. None of these are blog-worthy, despite what I may have believed last night when I wrote them down. Why would I think that anyone might ever possibly be interested in reading about my recent use of random hotel shampoos?

A month or so ago, my friend and I discovered that we could send videos to each other over facebook, and we quickly became obsessed.***** While I tend to be a bit withdrawn and quiet at school, when I'm talking to my webcam I talk really fast and do some very odd things. Little did I know that one of facebook's recent changes involves allowing you to see other users' content very easily. Soon, this guy in my English class who I'd pretty much never talked to told me he had no idea I was so crazy.****** I, of course, had no idea what he was talking about. Now we don't post videos as much.

That was relevant! I know that was relevant! Crap! I can't remember why that was relevant!

Actually, that might possibly be why it is relevant. I have yet again proven my insanity.


* The language of blogging, in which your words are interesting and what you're talking about is relevant and actually makes sense and is worth reading. A very difficult language to learn, I'm discovering.
** Actually not repeatedly. At our nerd party a few weekends ago, my friends and I decided to recreate Abbey Road, because my neighborhood has some of those big striped crosswalks (unfortunately it has no streets named Abbey Road) but then it got dark.
*** This tends to happen to me either during 2nd period aerobics, when I am doing a zillion crunches to Britney Spears, or while I am in the shower. If I spent all of my time in these two locations, I could probably discover a cure for cancer, and then subsequently forget it because of my lack of a pen.
**** I don't know about you, but I think that this sounds like a very worthwhile topic. I'm sure I could write a blog post at least as long as one of Maureen's, if not even longer, on this topic.
***** Or rather, I became obsessed. She just replied to be nice to me.
****** Crazy is, of course, as crazy does. Therefore, this guy might also be crazy. Also, crazy is relative. For example, my webcam personality might be crazier than my English class personality, but it might not be considered insane-asylum-crazy. Additionally, my extreme use of asteriks to indicate tangents might also be considered crazy by one who considers tangents useless and irrelevent, which they often are.

2 quirky quips:

Missy | April 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Haha, I love your blogs. They always make me laugh. :)

Oh and hi. I'm a nerdfighter! You don't know me. But hi! I read your blog!

Alison | April 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I feel like a part of my soul has left now that Michael sits on the other side of Erami's class. I sorta miss my daily dose of his random nonsense and octomom jokes.
:P