Girl (not me, don't worry) chooses Demi Lovato over trip to China?
First off I just want to say that I think moving Harry Potter again was completely ridiculous. Two days? Really, WB? That's a Wednesday!Moving on. I actually have been sitting here for about ten minutes trying to think of something to write about when I clicked over to facebook and noticed one of my friend's status. It reads:
"______ _______* is really, really mad Demi Lovato is coming when she's going to be in China."
Following this is a comment from someone that says, "I'm going!" and then a comment from DemiFangirl saying, "wowwwwwwwwwwww / fml / i want to kill myself / now im hoping i dont get accepted to get to china".
While it's true I don't talk to this girl, I know that she's part of an accelerated program at her high school, is taking really hard classes, and has applied to some kind of academic thing in China this summer. Apparently, she would rather remain at home so she can attend a Demi Lovato concert.**
I'm screaming inside my head right now. While I respect Demi Lovato,*** I can't believe that a 16 year-old would actually give up a trip to China to see a concert that's going to be full of screaming 8 year-olds and parents plugging their ears. I can't believe that a 16 year-old could seriously**** like Demi Lovato, who is clearly marketed toward elementary-school age girls. Honestly what I can't believe most is that Demil Lovato and artists like her are classified as artists. While I do like Demi's voice and one or two of her songs and sometimes I admire her style, she's a Disney Channel artist, which most certainly limits her credibility with me.
Disney kids are marketing tools, used for money-making. The Jonas Brothers could never, ever compare to the Beatles***** and Demi Lovato is not Pat Benatar, even though I've heard her referred to as such. She's the "next Miley Cyrus" - but honestly, would you really want to be the next Miley Cyrus? Miley's fans are little girls, she doesn't get to sing as herself most of the time, has very little freedom,***** and isn't respected by very many of her fellow musicians and actors, not to mention people who are her own age. She comes off rude and stand-offish in her interviews and doesn't write her own songs and, seriously, what was up with that Oscar dress? She's Disney's puppet, a publicity prop at their disposal.
Now tell me: Is that really how you'd want to make your name?
* While this girl is someone that I know through a Jewish program and I don't ever talk to her, I don't want to share her name. I will now refer to her as DemiFangirl.
** Might I add in right here that the reason I am not going to be able to see Half-Blood Prince like I really want to is because I'm going to a 3-week academic program at a university? I LOVE Harry Potter, but priorities! As Ron once said, "someone needs to get their priorities straight."
*** As in, I occasionally enjoy watching Sonny With a Chance and I prefer her to Miley Cyrus. Plus she doesn't sound like a bimbo (a la Miley) in interviews.
**** Seriously meaing listing her among your favorite artists, not being emabarassed to wear a t-shirt with her face on it, and actually paying to go see her.
***** Please don't even try.
****** Oh, she posed bare-backed! Oh no! We're going to faint! What I really want to know is how she's getting away with dating a guy who's 20 when she's only 16. Is Billy Ray really okay with that? And how the heck is she writing a memoir?
2 quirky quips:
Marry me, 'cause I think I love you.
xD
Dynahlee might be kind of hurt.
I suppose we could elope to Liverpool and speak in Liverpudlian accents.
Post a Comment