I've hit a deadend --- Help!
A few minutes ago, I finished my Blue Skies playlist and was clicking around randomly for something else to listen to while I caught up on blogs (between MJ's and John Green's and all the others I like to read daily, I have quite a bit of reading to do every day) and procrastinated my homework and then I spotted Taylor Swift.I like Taylor Swift! I thought. And so I double-clicked her.
Sometimes I'm in a Taylor Swift-ish mood, one of those happy days where I have nothing to do and it smells like summer (No, I don't know what summer smells like. It just smells like summer, okay?) and I can take a bit of peppy occasionally off-key stuff. Sometimes I even like to sing along, but don't tell anyone, please. Today, however, doesn't seem to be one of those days, as I got through two songs and about ten seconds through a third before I felt like my head was going to explode. Taylor's lovey-dovey happiness is just too much for me today.
So I switched over to the Fray. (The Fray is one of my top five favorite bands and I'm seeing them live this summer! Yay!) But for some reason, not even the Fray can soothe me today. So I moved on to Fleetwood Mac. I've been in to Fleetwood Mac lately. Rhiaaannoooon! But it's still wasn't working for me.
You're probably wondering why I didn't just turn the music off, close up my iTunes, move on with my homework like a good girl. Why waste all that time when you could be doing something important, like studying for the AP exam that you are extremely scared of? you're asking.
I, as I've recently discovered, have a problem with silence. The only time I like it quiet is when I'm working on a history chapter, because I need silence to comprehend all the big words, and when I'm reading a novel. (Possibly something to do with words coming at me from headphones or speakers while I'm trying to read words? I don't know, because I write with music on - but I guess that's me coming up with the words, rather than trying to take in words from two different sources.) I can't sit in a car unless there's something playing (preferably music), especially on the free-way. I hate that white noise sound, the rush of traffic. (Obviously you can't play music too loud when you're driving, because that would be unsafe, as well as annoying. You'd be one of those people whose bass is so loud that it shakes all the other cars around it when it stops at a light.)
Anyhow, I switched to my "Top 25 Most Played" list. I made it through two songs before "I'm Yours" came on. Obviously I like this song, as I've listened to it 58 times. (Quick math time... The song is 4 minutes long and I've listened to it 58 times... I've wasted 232 minutes listening to Jason Mraz! I've spent nearly 4 hours listening to Jason Mraz! Imagine what I could have accomplished had I spent those four hours listening to Mozart.) Jason Mraz is perfectly fine, I have nothing against Jason Mraz - but you have to agree with me that this song is a bit overplayed. As in, a lot overplayed. Why would I listen to it by choice when it will probably be on the radio the next time I'm in the car? I tend to not get tired of songs (when I first got "How to Save a Life" and "Over My Head" a few years ago, I listened to them on repeat for several weeks straight) but this one, maybe...
So Jason Mraz isn't gonna cut it, not today. Gavin Degraw? Doesn't look like it. Okay, what about "Southern Man" by Neil Young? One of my top favorite songs, like, ever, but I don't even think I can sit through it today. I think I'm itching for something new. Any suggestions?
1 quirky quips:
Genghis Tron. You know, when you want something soothing.
But if you want a serious answer: Don Mclean is my newest love. Vincent, Crossroads, Till tomorrow, Crying, and And I love you so are all quiet and such.
Also, you need to listen to Electric Arguments. It's magical.
DANCE TIL WE'RE HIIIIGGHHH!
Post a Comment